Hi, I'm Torrey. Welcome to Left Field, where creativity runs amok and imagination is ALWAYS more important than knowledge. Shoes are not allowed but ties are optional. This is a repository of snippets from my life out here in Left Field. One never knows what shiny bits of creativity will be found here... cards, scrapbook layouts, photography, poetry, recipes, ponderings, rantings and musings. It could be anything! Life in Left Field is always changing, always real, always ...interesting.

April 20, 2012

Shiver Me Timbers

Arrrgh, matey! 'Tis time for another challenge at Chocolate Coffee & Cards! This week our sponsor was none other than the FaBuLoUsLy sexy Kenny K (aka Kenny Kiernan). I love Kenny's work, but I have one LITTLE TINY request from him...Kenny, if you're reading this, could you PLEASE make some images of girls who do NOT have their own set of flotation device boobs that defy all laws of gravity???? And, it's NOT because mine are moving southward toward my belly button--like a mudslide in California, at an alarming rate. Or that I DON'T have a waistline the size of a wasp. Or, that my hair has a mind of its own...and that mind is deranged.

Ok, maybe it is those things.

*sigh*

But JUST ONCE...I'd like to see a Kenny K girl that was...more endowed around her middle than she is on top.

Just saying.

Ok, glad to get that off my 50-year old sagging chest.

The challenge this week was to do a BINGO card. I've never done one before. It was fun...though I must say, I was TEMPTED to do a "blackout" card and use EVERY technique on here...but, I came to my senses and didn't do it. For those of you who don't know what a BINGO card is, it's where you choose 3 of the techniques on the BINGO card--to form a BINGO...straight across, up and down or diagonal. You know...BINGO. So, I chose the top row--Distress, Lace and Emboss. But, of course, I had to stretch the rules a bit. My card is LACED. I figure that counts as "Lace". If not, oh well. Bite me.

Here is my card. I chose the saucy wench, Eva Pearl. She's a buxom lass, full of spice and sass. And, she is really quite the clever crafter. I mean, could YOU make a skirt out of a wooden keg? Now THAT'S talent right there. I colored her with my Prismacolor pencils on Kraft paper (yes, that's mettalic silver on there) and silhouette-cut her out. The sentiment I made myself. When I was a kid, like most girls, I used to doodle. A LOT. But, while most girls were drawing flowers and hearts...I was drawing old, ripped, worn maps and scrolls. What can I say? I was...not normal. It's really not that difficult, and for this card...it just fit the theme.

I embossed some Kraft paper, used direct-to-paper-inking, then cut it in half...and inserted brads and "laced" it, corset-style, with some faux-leather rope. I found the PERFECT patterned paper to echo her bustier. To finish it off, I took the blade of my scissors and scraped it along the edges of the card to give it a chewed-up-weathered look.


I'd like to enter this in the following challenges:
The Spotted Chick's - That's Krafty Thursday #60
Catered Crop - The Krafty Recipe Swap

Ingredients:
Digital image - Kenny K (Eva Pearl)
Prismacolor Pencils
Paisley embossing folder - Cuttlebug
Brads
"Leather" rope and organza ribbon (Michaels)
Font: Drift Type - Dafont
Stamping ink - Colorbox



3 comments:

  1. Awesome card. (She'll never have to worry about drowning, will she?) Love that laced corset idea. So creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is great. Wonderful coloring and design. Your post made me laugh too, especially this: "My card is LACED. I figure that counts as "Lace". If not, oh well. Bite me."

    I haven't tackled at of Kenny K's stamps yet, but they are fabulous, even if his women are on the Barbie-esq Buxom wasp-waisted side.

    And yes, if all I had was a wine barrel, I'd drink the wine then use it as a dress to cover up my reverse-Kenny K's women figure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous card hun..
    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete